The new Acrylic-Series is stunning - not only from a visual point of view. Thanks to elaborate control circuitry, an extremely stable acrylic plinth and a heavy aluminium platter, the turntables are made to sound as exciting as they look.
The external motor unit of the Thorens Acrylic-Series was constructed in a way that there is no mechanical contact to the plinth, thus avoiding transfer of vibration. In addition, the entire turntable rests on special feet which effectively dampen all kinds of air-born or footfall vibrations and eventually ensure a continuous, undisturbed run of the platter.The TP 92 tonearm, which was specially designed for Thorens turntables, uses an ultra-low-friction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR (Reduced Modal Resonance) technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.
- Drive System belt-drive (square belt around platter rim)
- Motor electronically controlled synchronous AC motor
- Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed Select electronically
- Platter 12 / 3.7 kg (aluminium)
- Tonearm THORENS TP 92
- SME 309 (optional)
- SME M2-9 (optional)
- other tonearms upon request
- Pick-up Cartridge
- Anti-skating (Bias) by magnet (TP 92)
- Automatic Shut-off
- Power Supply PS 800 electronic control unit with country-specified mains adaptor
- (115-230 V / 50-60 Hz depending on type)
- Dimensions 420 x 140 x 330 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight 11.0 kg
- Finish clear acrylic plinth
- Scope of Delivery mains adapter w. power cord, stylus gauge, cotton gloves, operating instructions
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.