he Zephyr MK II [Zephyr Mark Two] has achieved what no other cartridge has done since its inception; rapid recognition as a leading force in phono cartridge design and performance.
The Soundsmith Zephyr MkII phono cartridge employs "Trickle Down" Technology from a unique Energy Distribution System within the cartridge body as used in the Soundsmiths well received high end Sussurro Cartridge. The Zephyr MkII is built using a selected "low mass contact line diamond" stylus design, mounted on a Boron cantilever capable of truly remarkable separation,sound stage and imaging. The composite body and unique energy distribution system contributes to the Zephyr MkII s ability to produce high-end performance from a moderately priced cartridge. The Zephyr MkII will provide a level of clarity and beauty that will make you take out your record collection and listen to it all over again.
Also available in dual-coil mono.
- Cartridge Type Fixed Coil
- Output HIGH
- Available As Dual Coil Mono YES
- Additional Specifications
- Stylus: Selected Contact Line low mass Nude Stylus
- Radius of curvature: 6 x 17 m
- Cantilever: Boron
- Recommended Tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 grams
- Effective tip mass: 0.32 mg
- Compliance: 10m/mN (low compliance)
- Frequency response: 15-45,000 Hz 2.0 dB
- Channel Separation (stereo only): 1000 Hz >28 dB, 50-15,000 >25 dB
- Channel difference: <1.0 dB (Stereo), <0.5 dB (Dual Mono operation- w/optimal VTF setting)
- Output voltage: 2.4 mV
- Cartridge weight: 10.27 grams
- Loading: 47 k
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.